What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to crop photo without losing its quality?

d_animality

Hi... i tried googled this but mostly they are not really the same problem as mine... im sorry if this has been asked somewhere here... my question is so simple and i really hope somebody can help me answer this..

original picture size is 2848x4288 ... 300x300dpi ... 24 Bit (in case it helps mentioning)

but this picture consist of unnecessary background involvement.... how can i crop to focus only the main character inside this photo but maintaining the same size, dpi and bit as above? please provide step by step ways to do this.. i dont want to lose any quality inside the picture by cropping it...

i found this website --> http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/crop-photo/ ... i followed the steps, i focused on the main character and when i click crop and save it, the size of the picture reduced ...( its not 2848x4288 anymore)

sorry for the noobs...

hit ctrl+j
hold shift and drag corners to resize new layer over old one
size and position new layer as you wish
hit ctrl+e
you have exactly same image size with desired region cropped.

hit ctrl+j
hold shift and drag corners to resize new layer over old one
size and position new layer as you wish
hit ctrl+e
you have exactly same image size with desired region cropped.

okay its not working, ctrl+j duplicate the picture, but holding shift while drag corners moved the layer but does not focus/zoom the main character... its just moving it around.. did i miss something?

I don't think you can not lose quality as you are trying to make something from nothing by enlarging the image with that crop. There is a plugin "Perfect Resize Pro 7" which used to be called "Genuine Fractals" ... from their site "increases image size without the loss of sharpness or detail that you might normally expect." It's a bit expensive but you can try for free with their 30 day trial.

Im interested to know as well if there are other options.

I don't think you can not lose quality as you are trying to make something from nothing by enlarging the image with that crop. There is a plugin "Perfect Resize Pro 7" which used to be called "Genuine Fractals" ... from their site "increases image size without the loss of sharpness or detail that you might normally expect." It's a bit expensive but you can try for free with their 30 day trial.

Im interested to know as well if there are other options.

WHoooaaa!!! its so expensive... but thanks tho i think im gonna give it a try... :) well yes... im also "interested to know as well if there are other options" :D

Back