What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to curve the bottom of the object?

angeladi

Dear All,

I am attaching 2 files. I want to produce the curve effect from file 1 exactly into file 2 without any changes. Want the bottom of the truck to have the same curve effect like that of the delivery box.

Can somebody please guide me on how to do it?

File 1.jpg

File 2.jpg

Hello and welcome to PSG.

How experienced are you with Photoshop? Are you familiar with the Pen Tool?

Hello,

I am a beginner and still learning. Yes, I am aware of the pen tool. Will that help me to produce this effect? I have not tried.

Will that help me to produce this effect?
Well, there are several ways to accomplish this effect. For me the Pen Tool would be the easiest way. I would just quickly re-draw the truck with a curved bottom.

If you wait a few minutes, I can show you what I mean.

OK, this is not a detailed lesson..........it's only describing a technique.

I used the two images to visualize what I wanted. I placed the box image over the truck image and lowered the opacity.
I then added some guide lines to show where I wanted the curve to extend.
Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 11.59.29 PM.png

On a new layer, I used the Pen Tool to draw out what I wanted. I used the path setting here but I should have used the shape setting.
Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 12.06.00 AM.png

Once I had the path were I wanted it, I filled the path with the color of the original truck.
This is the new truck layer combined with the flowing box layer.
Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 12.16.57 AM.png

I'm not certain of exactly how you wanted the bottom of the truck curved, but this give you an idea of one way to accomplish the task.

Not sure if this helps. Please feel free to ask any questions.

The advantage of doing it this way is that it's completely editable if needed!

Back