What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to do 3d text like this?

imryannn

i have been trying to find a tutorial on how to do this with photoshop, the only one i could find was for this particular style, which is exactly what i want to learn how to do, but i honestly am not trying to buy the membership needed to do so, and all the other tutorials on similar 3d text are started off in illustrator and i am not all that great with doing the steps needed to complete 3d text in illustrator...
any help, insight, links would be great!

3d-text-render-l.jpg

thanks

That would be done in a 3d Application like cinema 4d not exactly the same different fonts but just as an example to show that I am right
test.png

mmm this specifically probably not because it is so basic in cinema 4d I can tell you the steps.
Create a floor and make it red
create another floor making it red as well but rotate it so it is like a wall
insert mograph text per line and extrude it so it is deep and then stack them on top of each other and that is the basic layout
the rest comes from placing lights around it to make it look balanced.

okay so i am going to apologize in advance, BUT can you be a little more specific, I have never used this program, just downloaded it right now and to be honest dont even know where to start...

I am sure 1 of my friends has done a youtube tutorial on 3d text I will see if I can find it also when you Purchase it from maxon they use to give you a pass to some training they set up but not sure if that still exists

Any kind of 3d software should let you do this pretty easily. Maya, 3ds max, Cinema 4d, Sidefx Houdini or even the open sourced Blender. Not sure about all of them but blender is a free software and Houdini has a free apprentice version which you can download from their site. Its pretty basic if you have any of these softwares as ppl have already mentioned.

Back