What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to do this? (youtube clip)

realdexter

This clip from Serge Ramelli on youtube:

2 minutes and 10 seconds in the clip he drags and drop the background picture onto the portait. I have tried and tried to do that, but it wont happen. Could somebody please try to explain how to do the trick?

I have exported both portrait and background from Lr to Ps if it has something to do with that?

You just need to drag the image to the tab, this should highlight the tab white and it should open the other image to drop it in. You can also just hit CTRL + A to select all and CTRL + C to copy then open the other image and hit CTRL + V to paste the image in

Untitled.jpg

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Just to add............you need to use the Move Tool. Don't drag the layer, drag the document. Hold on the tab of the new document until it opens. Move your cursor onto the new document then release. Hold down the shift key to center.

Thank you both gedstar and IamSam for your help. And thanks for welcoming me to the forum!!

I attach my first try, so you can se the result!!

What do you think? What could I have done better?

Attachments

• DSC_8967-Redigera.jpg
    DSC_8967-Redigera.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 5
I think it is a very creditable implementation of the technique shown in the video :thumbsup:

The only thing I would say is that there is a bit of a "halo" around the top of her head - I think you needed to mask fractionally closer.

Cheers

John

I think it is a very creditable implementation of the technique shown in the video :thumbsup:

The only thing I would say is that there is a bit of a "halo" around the top of her head - I think you needed to mask fractionally closer.

Cheers

John

Yes of course I saw the halo too, I have to excercise more to get it perfect!! This was my first try!!

Cheers

Lasse

Back