What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific How to duplicate a Topaz 'Flux' effect

bestremera

Hope someone here can help.
I came across this Topaz effect in Studio 2 called Flux. I really like what it does and there is a slider to control the amount of the effect. Once inside PS, I can add the original image as a separate layer and mask it for additional clarity on specific areas. The risk is, if I keep using the Flux effect, I'm concerned that Topaz might stop supporting or offering it. My plan is to use it on many images and I don't want to create a look and style based on it only to lose it one day. Can somebody help me find a way in PS to accomplish the same effect. I have attached 3 sample images. One is the original image, Base photo. The other two are one at 100% of the effect and the other is at 70% so that you can get a better sense of what the effect is doing.
Thanks so much for your help.
Bob

20120829-Base-photo-Flux-70%-Save-for-web.jpg

20120829-Base-photo-Flux-100%-Save-for-web.jpg

20120829-Base-photo-save-for-web.jpg

The risk is, if I keep using the Flux effect, I'm concerned that Topaz might stop supporting or offering it.
Hello and welcome to PSG! What makes you feel that Topaz Labs will stop supporting the software and it's effects?

It could take many hours of intense experimentation in order to figure out how to even come close the the Topaz effect. The Oil Paint filter, Gaussian Blur, and a Dry Brush Filter did the following. Not very close in my opinion, but it could be a starting point for you.

TopazLikeEffect_01.jpg

Back