What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get this psycadelic effect?

shanti771

Any Photoshop geniuses out there know how to get this effect? It seems like just duplicating the layers, offsetting them slightly and changing the layer styles to like "Exclusion" would do it. But I can't figure out how to the the psychedelic effect.

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 2.32.59 PM.png

I'm not sure what you mean by psychedelic - although that might mean something different to you than it does to me... :)

I think it's just splitting channels -

Place your subject on it's own layer - no background:

1633735845750.png

Now duplicate that layer 2 more times to have a total of 3 layers - you can use Cntrl+ J on Windoeor Cmnd+J on Mac:

1633735979642.png

Now activate your top layer and right click on the layer - not the icon - or double click on the layer - to bring up the Layer Styles dialog box:

1633736085337.png

Were it says "Channels", remove the check mark next to the (G (green channel) and the B (blue channel):

1633736209965.png

Click OK to accept the changes. Now do the same on the second layer, checking only the G box, and then on the third layer, checking only the B box

So now each layer only represents one channel - Red, Green, or Blue channel. Change the names of the layers so you remember which is which.

1633736417912.png

The image looks the same because the channels are sitting on top of each other.

But now activate your top red layer, choose the move tool, and move that layer to the left or use your arrow keys to move it:

1633736557214.png

Now you can move your bottom blue channel layer:

1633736676178.png

You can move these channels around as you wish using the move tool and even change opacity of each layer.

I think this is what you want...

Have this odd desire to look for my old plasma lamp now... :cool:

You are the best! Thank you so much, I new it was easy just couldn't get there with out some help. Thank you!!

Back