Hi, Please help, I cannot figure this out!
Does anyone know how to take a silhouette and stair step it inward changing the color of each step (like this photo) so you get a radiating effect?
Thanx in advance
relatively easy process:
1. get a silhouette of a human body and fill in the color of your choice.
2. Use the magic wand tool to select the entire silhouette (mask).
3. go to "SELECT > MODIFY > CONTRACT" and choose how many pixels to contract the mask.
4. Add a new layer and fill the selection with your next color choice.
5. repeat steps 2-4 as many times as necessary to achieve desired result. (see attached pics)
There is probably a "Photoshop Action" you can download that automates this process.
This can also be done easily in Adobe Illustrator using built-in processes.
Once you have your original silhouette isolated, use that as your starting point for making your initial selection by holding command and clicking on the layers thumbnail, then use the SELECT > MODIFY > CONTRACT to reduce the size of your selection.
Create a merged layer via "stamp visible layers". Select the uppermost active layer and hit shift + option + command + E. Right click the stamped visible layer and convert to a smart object (SO). Then add a smart Gaussian Blur filter. Adjust the blur to your liking.