What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to increase picture size in photoshop without losing quality

Leena

Asalam-o-alaikum and Hello All!
Newbie here, I was actually searching for some tutorials throughout google and got this site,
Iam myself a photoshop student and I wanna learn about graphic designs,
currently Iam working to create pamplets for an organization.
maybe some of you know that for creating brochures you need to set 300 resolution of your image,
So only and only high resolution images can be used for this, and we cant find high resolution images easily but that random images which we preserve are mostly workable so that images which Iam trying to use in my brochures are mostly 500/300 px or maximum I may find 800/600 px which is not enough,
I alteast need to have 1600/1200 px images for a pamphlet I know we mostly use IMAGE SIZE to enlarge the image but as much as we enlarge the image size, the quality becomes more poor that's what the problem is so I wanna know if there is any method of increasing size of the image without losing it's quality,
I urgently need to know about this, I'll be thankful if someone can help me in this regard.
Stay Blessed!
Leena

Have you tried, Ctrl+Alt+i it increases the size and i dotn think it ruins the quality but, you might have to find higher resoloution versions of the image.

TheSketcher

Look up Alien Skin Plugin, I think AS 2. It can do a better job of filling in pixels than using image enlarge in Photoshop. There are other plugins, but I don't use them so IDK. Other members will come by with advice.

I seem to remember this coming up before a long time ago and as far as I know the tip was to enlarge the picture but only by a max of 10% at a time until the image was the size you required (you need a good quality picture in the first place BTW) best of luck
Bryan

Another method which sometimes works for me is to duplicate the layer which has your image on it a bunch of times, say like 20 or so, merge those layers together and then use the Image>Image Size thing. Basically whats going on with this method is for each duplicated layer, you're duplicating the amount of pixels. When you duplicate a layer as in 20 times, and then merging them all together, your merged layer now has 20x the pixel data to work with which may be enough to resize an image without losing quality. Now I'll remind ya that this sometimes works for me, sometimes it doesn't. But it doesn't hurt to try it. Worst case outcome is you have an image that is now 20x greater in file size.

Last edited:
Perfect Resize Pro from onOne Software. This plugin (actually its predecessor) worked very well for me.

Back