What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make my signature appear as a Custom Shape image

ElJuanJo

photo (1).JPG

I am trying to trace my signature using Pen Tool to later appear as a shape in the Custom Shape Options.

When I trace all the image, using the freeform pen tool, the Define Custom Shape option does not appear.

What can I do?

Just make sure that it is only the path selected when trying to Define Custom Shape. Maybe once you have traced the signature, delete that layer to be sure the only thing on the screen is your path.

If that isn't the issue, maybe take a screenshot, with your layers panel open, & the drop down menu open showing the greyed out shape option, so we can see if there is anything else possibly wrong.

ElJuanJo,

Do you by chance have a graphics tablet?

If you don't have a graphics tablet, then do a Google search on: Photoshop digital signature.

Tracing your signature will not work. Without the tablet you could try a fine hard edged brush and mouse writing your signature, otherwise scanning your signature is about the best way to do it. Photographing is another way.

I read several of the tutorials, most tell you how to scan and manip, but few tell you how to convert to a custom brush. Creating the custom brush is a matter of ending up with a nice black signature on a white or transparent background and then defining it as a brush preset. Good luck!

photo (1).pngDepending on how precise you want to be you could just use the magic wand at a low tolerance, I did this at a of tolerance of nine, you can delete what you don't need select what you want copy and paste it to a new document the size you want you may have to manipulate it a bit to make the edges not so rough

Back