What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to making images look more 3d

imryannn

Okay so I want use an image I have taken and make it look more three dimensional for example this photo I found to look a lot more three dimensional than an photo I have taken.
View attachment 13866
I've tried a few things such as adding shadows and what not...no luck
I have also tried looking for any kind of tutorial but all i could find was the photo looking 3d when moving, not what I am looking for
Just looking for some guidance, thanks

it's all about how dynamic the lighting is

if you have a subject directly lit from the front, with very little contrast it will be flat, and borring

this is more of a photographic technique than a photoshop one, the only thing you can do to fix this in photoshop is add contrast

this is the goal of any photographer, and generally takes off camera lighting to achieve

if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a nice camera, and professional lighting, you can just buy a desk lamp with a shade that you can flip to direct the light towards you, with a soft white bulb in it, and place it off about 45 degrees or so from the camera

thats pretty much how i got this
_MG_8492-1editg.jpg

That's what I figured it was. Not so much edited to look like that. Thanks for the help though

you could do some advance dodge and burn create a new layer then go to edit > fill and choose 50% grey set the layer blending mode to soft light

and then with the paint brush selected paint in black for shadows and white for highlites you may want to set your brush opacity to about 10% and build it up

That looks like one of those single frame entries that go to make a 3D walk around movie.

Yeah a few adverts have used that style of imagery, they set up about 50 or a hundreds cameras all going around a scene, the actors/actresses all move in varying ways as the cameras all go off at the same time, when it's all edited it looks like real film footage but with the depth effect they all look still but the areas around them move.
Another way is with after effects not really the same as your still but still cool

could you post an image that you tried to do it with.
i like trying to do thing that people say cant be done.
(not saying it can be just want to try)

im not saying it can't be done either im just saying it's usually not

most of the time it's just done with actual lighting

I never tried to do any certain photo, I was just messing around with the idea...
my main plan for this question was to have a picture of someone throwing a cameraform the foreground and have the camera look like it was coming more at you and out of the picture.

Back