What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filters How to put down or return Adjustment Brush in Camera Raw Filter?

Vicky001

Computer : Desktop, Windows 8.1 Home.
Camera Raw : Photoshop cc 2019 Camera Raw Filter

The problem:
I am visiting with my friend. She & I went to the mountains & shot a lot of streams & waterfalls. We want to edit the shots in Camera Raw. And stuck with the Adjustment Brush. Two problems:
1. The brush head is tilted downward. It brushes under the line if I brush on the line.
2. The brush is stuck to the browser, which means I can not put it down or return it after brushing.

My friend does not know anything about the problem. The computer belongs to her husband. And he is out of town on business.
Help, please. How to fix the problem, please?

Thanks.
Vicky

Hi Vicky
Turns out PS 2019 is not supported on Windows 8.1. Just Windows 7 and Windows 10. I have not specifically heard about the problem you mention yet it might be hard to find a good solution given that it was never supported so definite compatibility issues. There is the possibility that someone has found a workaround yet given that MS Windows 8.1 was very unpopular OS, there probably aren't too many folks out there that used PS 2019 on it. Here is the link about support: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/os-support-for-cc-2019-apps.html

I suspect even if you found a solution for this one particular problem, you likely would come across others. Best to have a computer with an OS that is compatible. The alternative would be to load a version that is compatible with OS 8.1 I have not verified yet I think that would need Photoshop CC 2017

Thought this info could be of help
John Wheeler

Thank you, Thebestcpu.

Her husband called home and confirmed that he had the same issue and others when he installed PS cc 2019 on his PC, Win 8.1 home. The issue now is clear, incompatibility.

Thank you & appreciate your assistance.
Vicky

Back