What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remember and new trick

Then I got serious --Good example Eric, I never realized the potential of those linear gradients until your posting. And they are fast -- thanks. Joy

Good one Stu - I decided to try those circles too --'scept I think I made this one in another life

Should've called this the "Rainy Day Women" thread ( if you remember Dylan's Blonde on Blonde album...)

Thanks Joy :D

Nice watercolor effect you have going there Joy :perfect:

As you know Stus memory is like well?......anti matter :) ,but for the circles I start with a gradient just like normal,I used spectrum,then I used the twirl filter on the gradient,then copied the layer and used IMAGE > ADJUST INVERT,I then added a layer mask to half of the inverted gradient.Next i used the free form pen tool and made some swirls and curves,once I had done that I stroked the path with the airbrush with a soft small brush,then saved it as a channel,blurred it a bit and ran lighting effects over a copy of the airbrush strokes to get a 3d effect.Next I copied that layer and flipped it horizontally...apologies I cant remember the rest [sleepy]

Next time I will make an action of it for you guys :)

Stu.

Eric
Duh, Don't know much about Dylan and his Blonde
but Blondie..that's another story... Betty Davis Eyes, Call me, Heart of Glass.. been enjoying them for a few (hee hee) decades now.

So, guess you'll have to explain "Rainy Day Women" to me or give me a few more clues

Good tut Stu thanks, actually good memory too -think how boring we'd be if we all had total recall. Guessing about some things is more fun hee hee

Joy

[doh] I put a full days work in and then some and what did I miss? :\
all this playin :shocked:
there is some great work very inspiring and just might have a go at meself he he he [sly]
sfm

I've always loved Dylans first recordings up to Blonde on Blonde. Never liked the rest. Rainy day women is a rather well-known song of that LP that goes like this: (Erik sings). You remember it now???

Oops...you didn't hear me??? Don't know what you've missed...

OK, it goes like this: (drums) trutututum tutum tutum etc
the trumpet tatatadaaaa tatatatdaaaa
etc
then he sings:
Well they'll stone you when you try to go ho home
They'lee stone you when you're there all alone
etc But I would not feel so all alone: EV'rybody must get stoned
(trumpet) tatatataaaadataaaadatatataaaaaaa

try to make it clear that my head is not here.... (jeeez I can't find my kneeezzzz)....

in other wor(l)ds: this is a groovy psychodeliric dreampipes thread.

Eric

Ahaaa
Joy

Back