What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove 'curve' from added point/anchor? Just want straight side

BlueToast

photoshop_removeAnchorCurve.png

I added that anchor point / vertex and it automatically just came with those handlebar things that control the curve. How can I remove them? I just want straight sides

Thanks!

Once traced the path hold the "ALT" key and click over the last anchor point, to get rid off one of the transformation segments/axis.

You can't delete both transform axis from the anchor point only one of them, it won't make sense keeping and anchor point whit out any transform axis,

Also you can always add points to any place inside the path or delete any anchor points as well.

If you want to draw straight lines hod the "SHIFT" while dragging your path, or if you want to draw an arch, just use the handle axis and adjust it to your likes.

This may help , How to Use Photoshop pen tool.

Last edited:

rasoN

Click on the dot (which says "keep this) and hold ctrl while you're moving it. Is that simple

BlueToast

Once traced the path hold the "ALT" key and click over the last anchor point, to get rid off one of the transformation segments/axis.

You can't delete both transform axis from the anchor point only one of them, it won't make sense keeping and anchor point whit out any transform axis,

Also you can always add points to any place inside the path or delete any anchor points as well.

If you want to draw straight lines hod the "SHIFT" while dragging your path, or if you want to draw an arch, just use the handle axis and adjust it to your likes.

This may help , How to Use Photoshop pen tool.
Summary:
  • Removing existing curves: Pressing and holding ALT key, and then left clicking on the anchor point will straighten the sides it influences
  • Removing existing curves: Using the convert point tool, just click on the anchor point -- the above is basically this, just hotkeyed

Ok thanks! Tried both and they work. I tried to add a point to an already existing vector shape without any curves created by default by holding SHIFT, but it still created the curves. I think the SHIFT+create point you are referring to is for brand new vector creation from scratch.

Click on the dot (which says "keep this) and hold ctrl while you're moving it. Is that simple
Couldn't find "keep this" -- could you provide a screenshot?

Thanks very much!!!