What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to retouch this photo too sharp?

ciwecom2003

How to retouch this photo so clear and sharp?
if everyone who knows how do make this, pls post .
thank!!!

You aren't going to get major improvement out of this small, artifacted(from jpg compression) image. Alot of detail is gone...

With that said.

My suggestions:

Go into the channels and use the smart blur filter on the worst causes of the artifacts. Most likely the blue channel for starters.

After that is finished. At 72dpi, and at this size you aren't going to get alot of sharpness out of it without reverting back to some of the jaggie/artifacts. But, you could focus on the eyes a bit. Making the highlights stand out. And the hair. While keeping the skin smooth looking(with less banding).

Anyway, here's a quick example. Not much better. But the skin is smoother, most of the nasty artifacts are missing. And it has been color corrected(some). Removed some of the prominent magentas.

-Floydski

I'd look for a better/bigger picture to work from if possible. Or you could blow this up some and work from it.

Nice job on your example Floydski! :perfect:

He's right, ciwecom2003. This picture really is too tiny to get a whole lot of detail out of it and the jpeg artifacts are horrific.

However, in an effort to make the best that I could out of this bad situation, I used the blur tool to blend surrounding artifact pixels into one another and then I used dodge & burn to accentuate features.

Crisp & sharp it isn't, but it's a lot more acceptable.

Looks great Wbiss!

I agree what has been said; the image is too small.

We need pixels, looooots of them :D

Back