What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific How to save for web at a consistent file size

recipesbynora

Hi!

I am trying to simplify my editing workflow and was wondering if anyone can be of assistance. I wanted to save my image for web with a consistent 250kb size. What I do is I usually adjust the jpeg quality until I reach a 250 kb or close to it. Is there a way to put a set 250 kb size so that I don't adjust the quality and save some time doing it? I appreciate your help!Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 8.20.43 PM.png

thebestcpu

Guru
If you want a specific file size on the Save for Web in the upper right corner there is the hamburger (3 line symbol) with a dropdown where you can do this per the image below.
Not that if you start with a very high resolution image, it may require very high compression and poor image quality so starting with the correct image pixel size helps alot.
John Wheeler

Save-to-specific-file-size.jpg