What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to view brushes as images instead of .abr icon?

Alexandria

Is there a way to view shapes and brushes and stuff as images instead of .abr icon (except ARGUS Preset Viewer)? The Argus preset viewer is an application that works with Windows and allows you to see thumbnails within your system files of what is included in your .abr (brushes), .asl (Styles), .pat (pattern), and .csh (shapes) files.

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Alexandria
It might help to understand the actual problem you are trying to solve e.g.
- on the fly viewing of these items in Photoshop at higher magnification
- Print a sample out of each item
- Use in another application
- Do this as a one time effort or do this on a regular basis.

For example, it is not very hard to open up the Preset Manager and view large thumbnails and take a screenshot and have a PNG version of the library of presets yet not sure if that is what you want.
Just not quite clear to me what you are trying to do yet that could be just me an already clear to another forum member.
John Wheeler

ADDED EDIT - example PNG file from screenshot of some shapes which is a PNG file.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 10.14.51 AM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just not quite clear to me what you are trying to do yet that could be just me an already clear to another forum member.
John, I think she wants a way to view certain files like the .abr file without having to open it in Ps.

Below shows the "brushes" .abr file icon and she wants to be able to see/preview the brushes inside the .abr file here and not in Ps.
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 11.17.10 AM.png

Like this..
sd-argus2a_resize.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I actually wouldn't mind being able to do this as well!

Alexandria

Preset Viewer Argus is the answer but it's clashing with something in my PC this time, can't get it to work :(

thebestcpu: thank you but I have so many brushes I like to clean out every so often.

IamSam: Try Preset Viewer Argus from Tumasoft

I think it would be fantastic if Adobe built that into Bridge :)

thebestcpu

Guru
If you have a great solution yet its not working well on your system, maybe the answer is technical support on the product rather than finding another solution. It does not directly help me because I am on a Mac instead of PC unfortunately. In trying to look up the website for the product tumasoft.com , I discovered that the website is under construction. With a little checking I found the developer of the product and here is the link to his LinkedIn page. Might be worth a try contacting John Tuma that route.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

LinkedIn link to Agrus Preset Veiwer developer

ADDED EDIT - I did note though that I have not seen any activity by John Tuma for years nor with Google so there might not be any support available. So the link might be a long shot yet might be worth a shot.

Alexandria

True, I bought this program 5-6 years ago maybe. There is no update and I also tried contacting him once without success. Last but not least, I finally got it working :) but thank you for the info.