What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HSB Query

PhotoKid

Hello everyone,

I opened one image on Photoshop this morning and started to fumble with some of the controllers in the Colours window. For the first time in my life, I clicked on the small circe before the H on the HSB colour mode.

Now I cannot deselect that H selection and I wonder if this is normal and if there's a way to revert the color bar to its former state. The other color modes (CMYK, RGB...) do not have any of their basic colours selected.

I am enclosing an image of the Color Window at the very end of the message so you can see what the problem is.

Thank you very much for your help and kindness.

.Capture.png

I believe you're mistaken in thinking that you have a problem. What you are showing is the normal appearance of the color picker.

In Photoshop, whatever color you last chose as your foreground and background colors will stay chosen—even if you open another image—until you change the colors to something else. In this case, color CC6666 was the last one chosen. From here, if you want to choose another color, move the slider (where the red arrow is pointing) vertically upward to select the yellow family, the blue family, etc. Click on whatever color you choose and that becomes the new foreground color. The default to "H" is the normal view.

1638408214701.png

Hello Rich54,

I'm truly sorry for not having answered earlier to your message.

Thank you so much for your very useful answer. : )

Back