What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a feather

namvet

Power User
I am hopeless at drawing things ... and my attempts to produce an original feather in PS have failed as they all look like leaves [confused] ... so I hope someone here can help :) ... image needs to be approx 150x200 pixels and it needs to be either a black or yellow feather :D

dv8fx ... thanks vee .... but it seemed to be the right forum for the request [confused] ... have looked at the tute and it looks good for making wings but doesn't solve my problem of making a single feather that really looks like a feather ('cos that's what the gif will be ... just one feather) [shhh] [innocent] :)

Go to a craft shop or molest a birdie and steal a feather :D j/k.When you get your feather put it on your desktop and study it carefully and work out how using what you know about PS Ian can you best re create what you see in front of you :)

Try a slash type brush as well :)

Stu.

Heres a quicky with a slash type brush :) ,it kind of looks like a feather.

Stu.

thanks dv8fx and kiwi ... I appreciate the help, will do some work on it tonight :)

I have a photo of a pelican feather on the beach (it is black and white)some where....... if that helps ;\
email me sfm@petos.com.au if you want it today as I won't be on the board for another 24 hours so I won't see any messages of yes please :rofl:
sfm

Welcome aboard namvet! :p Cool new avatar, btw! :D
Good luck on your "feather" project. I really like Stu's suggestion... ;) Good one Stu! :perfect:

sPECtre ... thank you, thank you, thank you ... that helps heaps (I was tackling it the wrong way for my limited abilities) ... and I thank Gaussian in absentia (or where ever he is :D) .... I thank kiwi for his help as well as a big thank you to sfm for her offer of the pic of the Pelican feather but I needed a 'generic' feather (is 'generic' the right word?? [confused]) as the feathers origin couldn't suggest niceness, strength or any other good attributes [sly] [shhh] :D

... and Wendy (wbiss) said.....
Welcome aboard namvet!
... hmmn, dementia setting in Wendy?? :rofl: :rofl: ... thanks about the avatar, it was time for a change so I just played with warped text for 10 minutes then put it all through Image Ready :D

namvet:... hmmn, dementia setting in Wendy??
:rofl: :rofl: Ian - I was only "pulling your leg" seeing as you posted in the "new user's" area! :p

Ah, it would seem that Pierre has provided you with a link to a great feather tutorial! Cool! B7

I just ran across this one, while surfing and thought that you might be able to use it too! http://www.developingwebs.net/photoshop/feathers2.php
:D

Back