What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need to learn background removing advanced ways please.

What are you sighing at me for? I have only said the same thing as Ibclare, and the comment you made of "remove the grey and evened the background out," didn't scream you had "removed" any background from the image. I'm also not in the habbit of checking to see if an image is jpeg, gif, png or any other format.

The answer to the question has bee given, and a reason for the answer, this should be it.

Compared to you ibclare bothers to make it a liitle bit more precise and give some constructive critisizm, rather than just assuming that someone doesnt know something, just because they didnt do it the usual way. But you right, the question was answered, and the reason given, and that should be it

If you look at the metal and the gems in the selection you made and compare them to the original, you can see that the lustre of the metal and the color and sparkle of the gems do not have the same intensity anymore. There is too big a loss of pixels ... apparently.

Here are a couple more definitions of "integrity."

* thestateofbeingwhole,entire,orundiminished
* a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition

Oh ok, i understand that better now, thx for explaining, and you re right, that do cut down on the intensity. But im just curious, on a picture like that, with something shiny like that, wont using the pen tool just kind of cut around the object, and wont it keep the reflection of the original background? For example the picture we talking about here, wont the ring keep the gray in the reflection, and if that will be postet then on a new, lets say blue background, wont the reflection still be grey and not fit the new composition? Or are there way to avoid that witht he pen tool?

Well, I see what you are getting at, lol. If you remove some of the old background and let the new background show through, it might look like a reflection on the metal. That is certainly a unique perspective. :mrgreen: Only you would have to limit the pixel loss considerably to keep the reflection from being too flat and too much. And without having a good selection to begin with you couldn't correct that with a displacement map either.

To change the reflection color, assuming it is an issue, I'd start by playing with a hue saturation layer with some painting on the adjustment mask most likely, or do color layers, maybe copy the ring, desaturate it, give it a color, make it a color blend layer, etc. I'm sure it can be done and others would have had that experience to share with you, but still! let's hope Hytham won't need that done.

Back