What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would like to read a simple "camera Raw / Photoshop CC " image processing.

sybarite

Kind regards to you all from the middle of nowhere in Cordillera de los Andes.... where its snowing today :) Condors all around.

Since years I take Raw photos in high altitude mountain. ( Frozen nose, hands and feet ) :cool: see here Glacier sunglases :cool:
As a matter of fact, with photoshop CC I'm lost in a thousand details, what is the basic procedure ?
How do I simply go from Raw to a good JPEG that might be printed ? Where can I read the A to Z basic mainlines ?

Thank you in advance for your kind responses

Hi sybarite
A Simple Photoshop CC is actually an oxymoron. That adjective does not go with Photoshop CC.
Here are some steps to get to a JPEG at varying levels of difficulty
1) In addition to raw, save the JPEG file in camera with high quality settings. The camera does its own raw processing and post processing to a JPEG and usually you can choose Adobe RGB or sRGB color space. That is the easiest and if for the images you want a better image and want to put in more work then you an go to the next steps.

2) A raw image is brought into ACR or Adobe Camera Raw first. You can use all the Auto settings and save back out to JPEG if you don't even want to go into Photoshop. You can put in a little more work and use some of the tone sliders and other areas. Here is the introductory help file about ACR from Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/introduction-camera-raw.html

3) In the next step I would say still stay in ACR yet get more experience. There are a ton of books out there yet you can also take a course online. Courses at Lynda.com (now found in LinkedIn.com have 2 to 3 hour courses on just ACR. Here is one as an example: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/adobe-camera-raw-essential-training-3/welcome BTW - Adobe Lightroom has the same power as ACR plus other document asset management information yet it too has a learning curve

4) In the unusual case that you also need the power of Photoshop to make advanced changes, then that's where you leave the world of Simple. There are books and tutorials galore. Lots of choices yet that is an investment in time that would not be compatible with your request.

Hope that helps
John Wheeler

Thank you very much, John Wheeler, for this course of action. I very much appreciate the clarity of your point of view
I will follow your {ACR} recommendation and get to work. This recommendation saves me a lot of working time. Which is very appreciable at my age of over 80 :)

MERCI et très cordialement à vous ... this helps a lot.

Back