What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Curious....

Sierraccr

Power User
How many of the Gurus have signed up for Photoshop CC?

I see some nice timesaver tools on the CC version but so far nothing really earthshaking. I'm on 5.5 and will upgrade to 6.0 and there I will stay for a good long while. Doing this is a hobby for me and I don't want to commit to a monthly expense until I have more time to devote to using it. I assume most of the people on here are not professional users of photoshop - will you/have you upgraded?

Using Photoshop CS6 myself, tried the Trial version of CC and didn't really see any benefit for me to upgrade. Also found this article about future updates of Photoshop. Seems like Adobe will be bringing out a new release each year, the next release will be called CC 2014 and will install along side the CC 2013 release.

"Importantly, the CC 2014 release will not replace or overwrite any previous versions you may have installed on your computer… It will install and run side-by-side with earlier software such as the current CC 2013, as well as any older CS release(s). Subscribers can decide when to upgrade, and when or if to uninstall prior versions"
Read more here
http://prodesigntools.com/new-adobe-cc-2014-release.html

Last edited:
$2.50 per week is no problem , ive upgraded , the benifit will be when there is updates worthwhile they will put them on instead of waiting

I'm using CC, but I am semi-pro and, although I don't use them as much, I like having other Adobe products like AI, (full) Acrobat, LR, InDesign available when I need it.

T

CS5.5 Purchased as a student....I doubt if I will EVER upgrade

CS6 Extended. I'm still receiving updates. I won't upgrade for awhile.

I'm still using CS6 extended. I see no point in upgrading regularly for a gimmick or two there has to be a serious functionality/feature update for me to even want to look into it more

It took a while but finally decided to update to CS6 extended as I see no reason to get the latest version. My work revolves around other graphic applications and PS constitutes only 20% in my workflow. There are features that I will miss from not having CC but I can still manage to do what I need to do for work projects with CS as its always served me well since the earliest versions.

I don't think I'll miss out for not having those new features... except if a CC question is asked in the forum. I'll be at a loss on that. But there's nothing like a good book to keep me updated on CC's features.

Sierra, welcome back. I haven't seen you in a long wihle and I think we all miss your work and contributions!

I don't use Cloud. In fact I downgraded from CS6 and went back to CS5. I don't see any improvements in 6 and I don't care for the changes.

Thanks, Clare. :)

Interesting.... what were the changes you didn't like? I saw a couple of things I did like and will use in CS6 (blurs mostly) but before I upgrade I'd like to know what you didn't like?

You know it's been quite awhile and I don't remember. The only one I remember is trying to locate "full screen" view which in CS5 is onthe top toolbar. In 6 I think you have to go into the view menu to find it. I'm a shortcut kinda gal (always took the alleys, gangways, empty lots to get where I was going when I was a little kid in Chicago; I still drive side streets to escape traffic and traffic lights) so I hate having to go into menus to accomplish simple tasks: Ctl T, Ctl H, shift f5, Ctl. Alt E, and so on and so on.

Back