What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm looking for...., or..., any suggestions?

mollyzmumzy

Hi Friends,
Does anyone know where one might purchase hi rez ready made scenes for cheap, er, affordably??
I'm particularly fond of those available online via photofunia and PhotoFaceFun.com.
I've spent time searching, however, I'm not even sure what these are called or if I can expect the purchase would include any actions (that place the uploaded photo), although, I'm sure I could figure some things out.
I don't have the time, talent or equipment to stage such scenes, but I do know how to mask or insert photos and doctor them up so they "work" with the ready made scene. ...And spending time going through free photos on Mourguefile and the like is tedious.
One can download hi rez files from these sites, however they are limited in size ie: 2"x2", A3 --- dinky!
I'm making a personalized calendar for a friend -- those canvas sizes just won't do.
See a sample below -- yeah, it's a cat 'thang.
mzm
PS -- if this posts twice, sorry.

Attachments

• photofacefun_com_HGChpvF_1330029940.jpg
    photofacefun_com_HGChpvF_1330029940.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 22
  • photofacefun_com_uDG7t_1330030116.jpg
    photofacefun_com_uDG7t_1330030116.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 21

Hoogle

Guru
How large is your calendar going to be A3 is quite large and you could probaly resize that upto A2 depending on the original resolution.

even with your sample pic I successfully enlarged it to A1
Capture22.PNG

mollyzmumzy

I didn't include that I want to send this off to be printed, ie Costco, Snapfish, Blurb. Given this I need to change the dpi to 300, correct? Which then "shrinks" the image when I change the image size. --- Am I missing something? Thanks so much for responding.
And so now I'm thinking, why do print houses need files at 300dpi when I can print these on my inkjet at 72, 100, or 150 and they look ok? Something is messing with my head..., confused.
Yes I looked up A2 size dimension: 23.4 x 16.5 in, large enough for sure.

Hoogle

Guru
300 dpi means 300 dots per inch so the resolution is a lot higher if you go from native 72 dpi upto 300 dpi then it will also make the image a lot bigger as it needs to compensate adding an extra 228 pixels in per inch.
The larger the document and the lower the dpi printing needs to guess the difference and kind of imagines what it looks like if it was 300 dpi and tends to leave it blurry. where as if you build the document initially from 300 dpi then the computer does not have to guess what should be there. if you look at my larged zoomed in version you will see the edges have gone soft instead of sharp this is due to photohop calculating and guessing what should be there from surrounding colours.

Dataflow

Power User
when you enlarge it just run a "reduce Noise" filter on it with the "strength" on full and "Preserve Detail" set to 0 and "Sharpen Detail" set on full.

cat-hires.jpg

Last edited: