What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm looking for some help.

I have edited an image, added some chrome text, and i would like to animate it in imageready, But i have never even toyed with the program. I was wondering if someone could give me some tips?
It's not anything really big.. I just want to have the text flash a little bit. here's a close example of what I'm looking to achieve, www.Mnemic.com Watch the text on the top border.

Aim - Suckonmywango

Hello! While you are waiting for an answer, have you done your homework first? ;) like reading the help files, searching for imageready animation basics on google, or even on this very forum?
This should give you some pointers...

digitalmistake said:
But i have never even toyed with the program.

It's just a bit hard to give you tips if you haven't worked with the program yet Digitalmistake. ;)
So my advice is; play with it first and try to understand the relationship layers <-> frames.

BTW, on your link, it is a flash animation, not a Gif. (You'd need to use Adobe Flash)
I'm afraid that Gifs would not fare really good on an image with subtle gradients, like this one...

You could slice your graphic and make a gif of the bottom slice with your logo, then make a movable line run across the letters pretty easily but, as Pierre advised, Flash is a more professional program and could do the job better. :) The other advice you have received here is good too. Make a animation just to play around with. Become familiar with the tools, then it's easier to seek advice if you get stuck on the real animation.

Back