What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm new to this. Here's some of my stuff.

docilebob

Power User
The retouch is pretty good. The highlights are a bit washed out. A Curves or levels adjustment might help there.
On the blood, fresh blood is liquid. Therefore, should have a little depth and some highlights. Dried blood is a different deal. Which way did you want to go?

fondestgreetings

docilebob said:
The retouch is pretty good. The highlights are a bit washed out. A Curves or levels adjustment might help there.
On the blood, fresh blood is liquid. Therefore, should have a little depth and some highlights. Dried blood is a different deal. Which way did you want to go?

Fresh blood.

Lucifer

i dont like the retouch job... you lost important details in both shadows and highlights... picture is too saturated, colors are out of balance and you reshaped her face in not the best way. anyway... just my personal opinion.

as for the blood... all you had to do is just look for an example to make it not look as poor as it does now. :\

example: http://www.bnr.nl/blobs/anp/27401.jpg

fondestgreetings

Lucifer said:
i dont like the retouch job... you lost important details in both shadows and highlights... picture is too saturated, colors are out of balance and you reshaped her face in not the best way. anyway... just my personal opinion.

as for the blood... all you had to do is just look for an example to make it not look as poor as it does now. :\

example: http://www.bnr.nl/blobs/anp/27401.jpg

Showing me isn't enough, you'd have to tell how to do it.

docilebob

Power User
Well, if you want realistic, think about it in a realistic way.
How did the blood get there ? Whose blood is it?
Would it run this way or that, or smear or gush, or what ?
It`s liquid, so it will be shiny where the light reflects off of it.
If it stains clothes, it doesn`t just sit on top like on skin.
Is it fresh, or dried ?

And so on and so forth. Reality is the best teacher. Find pics ,like Lucifers example, or what you want it to look like and then reproduce what you see, not what you think you see.
Then post what you have, and we`ll be able to give more specific advise.