What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not sure what this is called....help PLEASE!!!

Zyphris

I'm not sure what it is called I think maybe muted colors?? But I have some examples.

example.png 1

example2.png 2

example3.png 3

& yassig.png

Now I really want to be able to this..I'm just hoping someone can help me get these muted tones. a bit like Band of Brothers too...you know what I mean I hope.

Thank you SOOOOO much!!
Zyphy

Of course, this is a 'muting' effect and there are tons of ways to do it I posted an example of one or two. In the upper right is the orig image. The upper left I placed a white box on a new layer and reduced it's opacity. The lower right, same thing but filled it with a white gradient and the lower left, filled with a color chosen from the original photo (orange/brown). The extent to which you want to do this will determine how soft and/or what tint or hue you want the image to be. You can, of course, do this a few other ways, but this way is non-destructive to the original image. This means that prior to flattening, you can change your mind RE: color, opacity etc. This can be done to the entire photo, a portion or section, a shape or whatever and is often done as a text box. Hope this answers your question.

Back