What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Image enhancement

XaKeP

Hello everyone,
I would like you to crop this image
img.jpg
something like this (maybe a little bit wider if background can be removed)
img_cropped.jpg
slightly sharpen it and enhance the lighting if possible. Thank you very much in advance!

thebestcpu

Guru
OK I give up. I'm not even going to bother to post my version.

This is insane...where did all this detail come from??? Gary;s too!
Hi @ex_teacher. As one of the last steps I use Topaz's AI Photo yet could also be done with Topaz Gigapixel as they have some specific face recognition and enhancement technology that can works wonders. It can also mangle the image as well where it no longer looks human. Might be fun to post the mangled versions when they pop up. You can choose how much of the original image is incorporated if it appears overdone as well.
Hope that helps.
John Wheeler

ex_teacher

Guru
Hi @ex_teacher. As one of the last steps I use Topaz's AI Photo yet could also be done with Topaz Gigapixel as they have some specific face recognition and enhancement technology that can works wonders. It can also mangle the image as well where it no longer looks human. Might be fun to post the mangled versions when they pop up. You can choose how much of the original image is incorporated if it appears overdone as well.
Hope that helps.
John Wheeler
Excellent...and Christmas is coming:)
Bruce

ex_teacher

Guru
Christmas came early.

I just bought Topaz Photo AI. and essentially just let it do its thing. Far, far superior to anything else I had in my tool chest. This is what I did preciously but with the addition of this new Topaz product.

... Am I correct in assuming that Topaz Denoise AI and Topaz Gigapixel AI are also folded into this single product???

Crop_RemoveBkGrd_10a.jpg
FWIW Here is a before and after Topaz Photo AI... and I really worked on the before.

Before & After.jpg

Last edited:

thebestcpu

Guru
Nice correction @ex_teacher

AI Photo has a lot of the technology of the other products yet simplifies the interface which also means you have less manual control. As an example Gigapixel control panel is shown below. It also has switches to put it in automatic mode as well.

However, if I could only get one tool from Topaz, it would be AI Photo.
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 10.56.32 PM.jpg