What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

image merging, how this technique called?

aprivate

hi guys my first post, about image merging, how this technique called?
I think author took 5 pictures and merged in 1? Is any step by step how to? Thank you allmerge.png

This is very simple to achieve. You only require a Tripod along with the Camera so that your shot balance and angle etc remains the same in all the pictures you take. Then what you have to do is basically just,

1. Drag all the pictures on top of each other in photoshop (hence each picture becomes a different angle), and then,
2. From each picture (or layer) erase everything else other than the Person in Focus (or the object you want to keep in the image) and his shadows etc.

And then you can continue to do any touch ups as required. The way I have explained it might sound complicated, but doing it is much more easier!
If you still did not manage to follow what I've explained, let me know, I'll be glad to elaborate with images.

2. From each picture (or layer) erase everything else other than the Person in Focus (or the object you want to keep in the image) and his shadows etc.
Never erase, this is called destructive editing. You should use non-destructive layer masking along with the brush tool to mask out areas you wish to remove. This will be explained in the video tutorials I provided in the link.

Never erase, this is called destructive editing. You should use non-destructive layer masking along with the brush tool to mask out areas you wish to remove. This will be explained in the video tutorials I provided in the link.

Sorry, yes, absolutely. Typed that out without thinking it through completely.

The video tutorials will of course provide you with all the help, my message was just a jist of how you can do it, in-case you are semi well versed with Photoshop and just needed to know the method.

Back