What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ImageReady Filters Help ( newbie )

Elad

Hey,

I'm a trying to make an animated gif in ImageReady. Now I think I got the moving thing. But about filters... lets say I want to make my picture being divided to pixels, or wave or any other one of the PhotoShop's filters. When I do it now, it applies the filter to both pictures. So.... [innocent] How do I do that?

Thanks, Elad.

:) Hi Elad and welcome aboard!

In reference to your question/query...I would suggest that you prepare your layers (frames) in Photoshop (apply all effects there) and then switch over to Image Ready to compile your animation. ;)

That's the way that I do it. Consequently, I have no experience in 'photo editing' in Image Ready.... [innocent]

puting two fofots togetethers

have two fotos. One is hand and secon is stuck svort or knife.
How to pot somethin in hand and still look narutal. can you help me?
IME

Wendy is right...it's good practice to prepare everything as much as possible in Photoshop, then switch to ImageReady. Just be sure all your effects are on different layers.

Little known or ignored tip for IR: In the animation palette, click on the little arrow on the far top right; you'll see "make frames from layers" Do it :)

Woah! Too cool Julie! :perfect:

You've saved me a tad of work with that little tip, as it's something I never knew before! [excited]

Glad to help, Wendy! Someone else turned me onto that tip and I'm happy to pass it on :) It's how I made my avatar.

Subtip: If you want a background after you do all that, adding effects, turning layers into frames, start with a transparent image; add your effects, turn into layers, then add the background underneath all the layers. The background will be added to all the frames and will be static.

Back