What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Improve picture of milky way

hokie1999

Hello, i have this raw image of milky way:

mod edit: upload image to forum (no flickr)

There is a slight lightness on the lower right. Would like to darken this but not necessarily by painting with low opacity dark brush. Want to match the brightness seen on lower left but retain star detail.

How would you do that if it was your photo?

I have old old version of photoshop and have Lightroom 6 on order.

Many thanks!

Another technique to use is convert the Layer to a Smart Object, use the Camera Raw Filter, and apply the Graduated Filter from that corner and change exposure or any of the basic control sliders with that tool to achieve your objective. As a Smart Object, you can always go back and make changes since it is applied non-destructively
Just one other way to consider.
John Wheeler

Another technique to use is convert the Layer to a Smart Object, use the Camera Raw Filter, and apply the Graduated Filter from that corner and change exposure or any of the basic control sliders with that tool to achieve your objective. As a Smart Object, you can always go back and make changes since it is applied non-destructively
Just one other way to consider.
John Wheeler

Thanks John Wheeler, I will try that also.

Back