What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Increase clarity so text on wooden tablet is more readable

jnchin89

Hello Everyone!

Hope someone can help. I looking to increase the clarity of this picture so it may be possible to read the characters on the white tablet in the back of the picture. Thanks so much!

- Jeremy

tablet.jpg

Hi Jeremey
I am a bit confused. The single image your provided appears to be the front of the tablet. I see no writing on this side to try and extract. You you give more details, provide the image of the back side, or point out where the wording should be on this image.

Also, if you have the original, extracting subtle information is best done when scanned or imaged to a file format that is not JPEG rather a un-compressed format such as TIFF and at a higher bit depth. JPEG images are 8 bit depth and have lossless compression. I have extracted the Hue portion of the image and you will note that the information is block up into 8 bit pixel blocks. That is information loss that can make it more difficult to extract subtle details. I understand that you might not have the original to get a better original image yet if you do, if would be worth getting a better digital starting point.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

tablet-hue.jpg

I think I just realized that you meant the tablet within the image. I again suggest a better starting image (better scan or camera raw image) and without a flash bounce back direction to the lens
John Wheeler

Not much information there with a JPEG format that I can find.
Not sure this helps at all yet here is what I could do
John Wheeler

tablet-adj.jpg

Back