What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inner glow

Matti

Hello everyone I wanted to add an inner glow effect to recreate a similar effect on the photo, however, I can't get the same result cause whatever size amount of the effect I choose it's not evenly distributed on the whole area like on the picture (in my case it only affect borders). I would be glad for any clues on how to achieve that effect. 2.JPG

sample 1.jpg

I wanted to add an inner glow effect to recreate a similar effect on the photo
What photo? Do you have an example?

Are you referring to adding an inner glow on the "tree like pattern"?

I can't get the same result cause whatever size amount of the effect I choose it's not evenly distributed on the whole area like on the picture (in my case it only affect borders).
As long as the inner borders are uneven and inconstant, the inner glow effect will be the same.

What photo? Do you have an example?

Are you referring to adding an inner glow on the "tree like pattern"?

As long as the inner borders are uneven and inconstant, the inner glow effect will be the same.
I would like to get the same result as in the first screenshot I posted (the tree-like pattern is blurred by using inner glow, the second screenshot shows my attempt to recreate a similar effect (using also same inner glow settings but with no results)

The "range" settings are different.

Top photo...
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 9.38.20 AM.png

Bottom photo..
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 9.38.26 AM.png

@Matti - Did the "range" setting difference change the outcome of the effect?

I have tried to use different variations of the range but with no desired effect, also I tried all other settings with no result

sample 3.png

Is it possible for you to post the "treelike pattern" so we can experiment?

I'm seeing the inner glow effect around the outer edge of the image and not on the pattern. Did you make a selection of the pattern? Is this from a tutorial?

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 10.50.49 AM.png

I just made this pattern in a separate layer and tried to apply inner glow to it (I made no specific selections) I try to follow tips I've received through a screenshot from another user on how to achieve that effect he made (showed in the first pic I posted)

If you're trying to replicate what you had in the first image, I just basically played with the choke setting:

1632154224979.png

I had to quit the layer blend mode a few times since the changes weren't being applied and I was getting a lot of lag. Maybe that's the issue on your end?

I'm also working off of a screen capture which could change the dynamics/settings...

I get a similar effect but only after removing the white BG....
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 11.18.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 11.28.54 AM.png

Last edited:
You guys got a nice effect I wanted to achieve, I will try to experiment with the settings you mentioned

Alright guys it looks like I got what I was hoping to get, Thank you for helping me, finally, I can move forward with my work !

lastly, I only wanted to ask one more thing (sorry for being a little bothering) is the magic eraser tool a proper way to get rid of the white bg, or would you recommend something else maybe something that would bring a smoother transition between removed bg and pattern itself.

Back