What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inserting an image into a new image

jumping242000

I am somewhat new to photoshop. I have been watching videos on lynda.com trying to paste an image onto a new background. In the attached image I used the polygraph lasso tool to select the head shot. I need help with two things:

1. Resizing the image AFTER it has been pasted into the new image. (Is this possible?)

2. Softening the edge near the flowers. The hair is very choppy. I'm not sure how to fix it. Can I fix it here or should I fix it on the original image?
Image.JPG

THANKS!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Resizing the image AFTER it has been pasted into the new image. (Is this possible?)
In one document you should have two layers.............one being the background layer (flowers)............and the second being the image of the woman. If you select the woman's image layer, you can use free transform to "resize" her head.

Softening the edge near the flowers. The hair is very choppy. I'm not sure how to fix it. Can I fix it here or should I fix it on the original image?
On the woman's layer, add a layer mask and use the Brush Tool to soften the edges or you can also use "select and mask".

jumping242000

Hello and welcome to PSG.

In one document you should have two layers.............one being the background layer (flowers)............and the second being the image of the woman. If you select the woman's image layer, you can use free transform to "resize" her head.

On the woman's layer, add a layer mask and use the Brush Tool to soften the edges or you can also use "select and mask".

THANK YOU! I really appreciate your help. :)

Argos

Guru
As a non-technical advice, I would try to choose a different background, seeing the flowers and grass at the same height level as the head could give the impression is just the head on that field ^^.