What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interface with PS7 and Image Ready - Sizing problem

Hanarky

Hi,

I have a question again. I have made a interface with PS7. I plan putting up my first webpage for exercising purposes. One week later and after consuming tons of tutorials the interface is done. I'll attach it here. Comments and critics are appreciated :)
I want to export the interface in Image Ready, making slices and make a rollover effect, when clicking the links, based on the PS layer effects (I tried that already with a tut and it looked good). That's the only way I know how to do it, since I am not familiar with Javascript.
The interface-pic is in its original-psd 1024 x 768 pixel, since that is my screen-resolution. When exporting it in Image Ready (with the button at the bottom of the tools palette), the complete image is shown. When going then to the IE-preview it cuts away the right side of the image (the right border in my attached image for about the half, but I can scroll to the bottom of the page. Then I tried to insert the pic in a html-file (code done with Notepad) and there it cuts off about a third of the pic at the bottom and the right side again.

So, what is wrong here. How can I make the pic, that when I have sliced it in IR to make the rollover, and then uploaded to my webspace, that all fits in the screen and I even can scroll to the bottom [confused]

I hope, this is not off-topic here. If so, please excuse. I am serious trying to learn that stuff. Btw, looking for purple buttons here is in vain, lol (refering to my post about the wrong button color a bit above). This pic went trough countless modifications, that I can't count anymore. But lots of fun :D

Thanks
Hanarky

P.S. The attached pic is not original-size, I made it more small to show here and it doesn't look so dark in original-size like here.

Can you upload what you have to your site and and post the url? It will be easier to figure out the problem if I can see it.

I guess, I found the solution why the right side is cut off. I didn't think of the scrollbar. I resized the pic 10 pixels smaller (the wide of the scrollbar) and all is shown now. I will finish it now in IR and put it up and then post the url. Still appreciate any critics and comments :)

Hanarky

You can make tat scrollbar less visible with CSS or java if i'm not mistaken. Ahhh...haven't done anything on my site in more than fifteen months, and I forgot 86,73% of all I knew...

don't forget that some people out there will be looking at your site in 800x600 I read you had done this as 1024? oh and another check you might want to do is make sure it works in IE and Netscape, I don't have Opera to test sites in this but it is another browser that people regularly use
good luck and I look forward to seeing it up :perfect:
sfm

This project starts to get complicated, least for me.

After I made all slices and Roll over buttons with IR, I noticed, that I can not add additional html-code over the Interface-picture ;\
So I had to do the same again and had to look in javascript.
But, though I always liked the layers in PS, now I have started to love them. What an easy way to make many many stacks, lol.

Good point sfm. I have no idea yet, what to do, that it looks good in 800 x 600 resolution or for Netscape and Opera [confused], I will look trough the resp. forums.

I have uploaded the pic

http://home.t-online.de/home/Hanarky/index.html

No link is working yet, since the other pages are not all finished or even started. As I said, this is only for me to exercise and I wanted to have your opinions about my PS efforts with comments, what I should still add, what is bad and so on.This is the first bigger project besides working trough the beginner-tutorials :)

Hanarky

Back