What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Sofield

Hi. I am new to this site, but not new to PhotoShop and retouching/enhancement/and repair of digital photos. I am a Canon user (three bodies and six lenses). I have been involved in wet and digital photography for many years. If it makes any difference I will be 90 in June. I have associated myself with DPreview since 2006 and have numerous postings and responses there. I once had the privilege of being the underwater photographer and chief diver on a National Geographic underwater archaeology expedition off the Turkey coast. As to my career, I was a medical physicist until retirement in 1996. Hope to meet some very nice fellow photogs here.
Regards, Jack C. Sofield

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Jack and welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing some details of your impressive career. Looking forward to seeing some of your work posted in our "Show your work" forum!

JeffK

Guru
Welcome to you here, Jack. Age is no matter and considering what you've done along the way, I'm looking forward to seeing your work and hearing your opinions.
I signed out of DP Review - too much arrogance and bad humor there that you won't find here. Only teachers and students.:)
Onward we go!
- Jeff

Jack Sofield

Thanks for the welcome Jeff. Yes there are some problems at DPReview and much of the retouching area has been reduced to mostly technical interests in various software and hardware. However I have made acquaintance with some very kind and helpful people there. Some of them are also here. If you want to see some of my work try Pbase.com/Sofield I believe this will give you a number of different galleries of some past work (I have not updated it recently.) Along with my underwater photos I have done a number of air shows with good results. This August I will be taking a 10 day photo trip to Alaska. We shall see what becomes of that. I appreciate your welcome very much Jeff.
Regards, Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.