What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iris gradient in 5.5

Koula

[confused]
Hi Y'all. Confound it! Although I have done this several times in the past and quite successfully, I cannot for the life of me make my gradient (self edited vertical lines that go to form the lines the radiate around the pupil of an eye). I have tried to apply the gradient tool every which way - it seems - and just cannot make it do as it should as has in the past. i.e lines radiate straight out from centre to edge of circle. Can anyone help me with this one? (See the iris tutorial on www.thewebmachine)

Thanks in advance for all help. :perfect:

Koula

Many Thanks Rantin Al

Your tip prompted memories of a zoomglow technique. I tried radial blur zoom on my gradient and got entirely inappropriate yet very interesting effects. In the end, I actually remembered that it is actually the angle gradient that's used for the iris in the technique I use. So thanks again for facillitating that result. :perfect:

Many Thanks Rantin Al

Your tip prompted memories of a zoomglow technique. I tried radial blur zoom on my gradient and got entirely inappropriate yet very interesting effects. In the end, I actually remembered that it is actually the angle gradient that's used for the iris in the technique I use. So thanks again for facillitating that result. :perfect:

You're welcome.

You're welcome. ;)

Try adding a bit of monochrome Noise before the Blur. Helps to randomise the texture.

Cheers Al

Back