What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is AI going to hurt photo editers?

mr.glassy

hi. I'm thinking about it for a long time I really like like editing pictures and montaging them with each other and ... AND as a teenager I have to look for my favorite job and invest my time on it. BUT I have been seen posts about how AI would hurt these kind of jobs LATELY and it can edit A picture in blink an eye meanwhile it takes much time for a human to edit that pic. so here's my problem: SHOULD I really continue making progress in editing or I should give it up because of AI would replace me with iteself?

thank you for answering me

Is AI going to hurt photo editors? Photography will still remain but photo editing will all be done by AI.
Is AI going to hurt photo editors? It's already showing up in the latest versions of Ps and most cell phone photo editing apps. Some may say thet AI should be considered augmented intellegence that's capable of improving your skills and that it's about optimization and speed..............the problem being is that it will take less skill and talent from the operator thereby allowing anyone anywhere capable of competing with you! We live in a "one click" world were anybody can subscribe to Ps and in one simple click, edit photos more masterfully than those who may have 30 to 40 years experience. Not to mention websites where you can have any edit done..............why pay you for something they can get for free and, more than likely, get better results.

AI will eventually deliver a devastating blow to any and all human creative processes involving art, literature, music, and all visual digitally based platforms including TV, and movies. Artists, musicians, writers, actors, newscasters, reporters, journalists, lawyers, any and all human involvement in advertising, coders, programmers, website builders, engineers, analysts in all categories, mathematicians, bankers and accountants, language interpreters, pretty much all teachers of most subjects, telephone help,.........................sadly the list goes on and on.

SHOULD I really continue making progress in editing or I should give it up because of AI would replace me with iteself?
OK............this can be a loaded question. AI is still in it's infancy but it's not going away either. It's only going to improve! My own personal advice would be that you continue to learn editing so long as you do so knowing that it's only a hobby and not an ongoing, viable source of income that can support you alone, much less a family. Examine your reasons for perusing your interests in photo editing. If earning a living is your ultimate goal, find a career that AI can't replace................like a trade craft that involves physical hands on!

I myself have seen AI is impacting my current market that I have done exceptionally well in...................I have some customers who are no longer using me and my services preferring (and settling for) AI generated graphics. I'm hanging on but the writing is on the wall!!! Luckily I'm close to retirement age and I won't be heavily affected when I'm rendered obsolete by upcoming AI advances.

Relatively safe career choices!

Is AI going to hurt photo editors? Photography will still remain but photo editing will all be done by AI.
Is AI going to hurt photo editors? It's already showing up in the latest versions of Ps and most cell phone photo editing apps. Some may say thet AI should be considered augmented intellegence that's capable of improving your skills and that it's about optimization and speed..............the problem being is that it will take less skill and talent from the operator thereby allowing anyone anywhere capable of competing with you! We live in a "one click" world were anybody can subscribe to Ps and in one simple click, edit photos more masterfully than those who may have 30 to 40 years experience. Not to mention websites where you can have any edit done..............why pay you for something they can get for free and, more than likely, get better results.

AI will eventually deliver a devastating blow to any and all human creative processes involving art, literature, music, and all visual digitally based platforms including TV, and movies. Artists, musicians, writers, actors, newscasters, reporters, journalists, lawyers, any and all human involvement in advertising, coders, programmers, website builders, engineers, analysts in all categories, mathematicians, bankers and accountants, language interpreters, pretty much all teachers of most subjects, telephone help,.........................sadly the list goes on and on.

OK............this can be a loaded question. AI is still in it's infancy but it's not going away either. It's only going to improve! My own personal advice would be that you continue to learn editing so long as you do so knowing that it's only a hobby and not an ongoing, viable source of income that can support you alone, much less a family. Examine your reasons for perusing your interests in photo editing. If earning a living is your ultimate goal, find a career that AI can't replace................like a trade craft that involves physical hands on!

I myself have seen AI is impacting my current market that I have done exceptionally well in...................I have some customers who are no longer using me and my services preferring (and settling for) AI generated graphics. I'm hanging on but the writing is on the wall!!! Luckily I'm close to retirement age and I won't be heavily affected when I'm rendered obsolete by upcoming AI advances.

Relatively safe career choices!
thanks a world for spending time over my post!
i think your right and i still can look for opportunity in this case .
''Change allows us to move forward in life and experience new and exciting things''
i think i still wanna edit pics!
thank you again!!

''Change allows us to move forward in life and experience new and exciting things''
Remember, change is NOT always a step forward to new and exciting things! Reckless abandon has plagued mankind forever, it's what keeps us stagnant. While change is what maintains forward momentum, change can also prove to be devistating and you would have to be naive to stand idly by and not approach change with some degree of caution.

Hi,
I would like to reply this questions:
1.AI definitely impect on photo editing or simply we can say it ease the process of photo editing. Almost all the photo editing apps are equiped with AI tools and features. But i think manual photo editing is enhanced with the use of AI

Back