What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is it possible to edit

fotograffiti

Power User
Please, no need to actually do it. Don't bother please :cheesygrin:
I'm just wondering, if it is possible to get rid of the "unwanted" hair.
This is taken at communion and there is no time to alter anything.
I guess the mum will be wondering why she didn't opt for another hairstyle.

IMG_7441c.jpg

I would say that yes, it is possible to edit this image. One would need the original image of course, then it would be a lot cloning and replacement work. The main consideration would be the inside corner of the right eye and the right side of her nose, these would have to drawn/painted or cloned from another source. Quite a bit of work I would imagine in order to get it right.

Personally since you can easily recognize the child, I would leave it well enough alone.

you could also (if you really needed to) take another photo with her hair tied back, same ish pose and edit it in, would cut out some of the cloning time i would of thought.

I have to agree with the others. This is an accurate representation of what this pretty little girl looked like at that moment in time. As a mother myself, I would rather have that than anything created with bent pixels. :)

Just playing around with it for a few minutes (much more care and time needed) with the low-resolution shot it is entirely possible, the work involved very tedious though, even the high-resolution would be questionable
Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 12.21.02 PM.png

Please, no need to actually do it. Don't bother please :cheesygrin:
I'm just wondering, if it is possible to get rid of the "unwanted" hair.
This is taken at communion and there is no time to alter anything.
I guess the mum will be wondering why she didn't opt for another hairstyle.

View attachment 46079

Personally.... I'd leave it alone. Adds to the charm of the moment... "purity and innocence of a child"......

I don't agree, see I know these people want everything to be perfect on the special day. We had brides asking to remove certain pictures because their arm/leg/whatever looked big :banghead:
O well, too late now.

Back