What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is it time to buy a wacom tablet

Hoogle

Guru
Ok here is the situation I do not really use photoshop for artistic drawing but do like it for touching up models if you please excuse my phrasing and manipulating pictures. when colouring in black and white pics that seems to be my new passion i sit at the screen wishing I had a wacum. I love my mouse but is a wacum so much better I am scared I will have to re train what I already know as it must be weird going from a mouse to aa graphics table what do you think if I do buy 1 should i get the best moiney can buy or do i start of with a budget end I will get a wacum as they are the market leaders any suggestions on 1 to get me started

It is a good investment.I have had a WACOM for about 6 or seven years now. I had a wrist issue from using the mouse too much (video editing) that forced me into a tablet. It has a short break in period for the user. It is different, but just unplug your mouse and stick it in a drawer so you can't use it. My guess is you won't get it out of the drawer once you get the hang of it. They are well built. I use mine for almost everything I do on the computer. Be sure to get a tablet that has the surface area you need. For working in graphic intensive programs
I would recommend the Intuos4 Large. Yu can find it on the WACOM site
It costs a bit more but....... Thats my two cents worth.
Good luck!

I invested in one a few weeks back (After recomendations from people on here) as jjtap - I had a wrist issue from using my mouse too much and from gripping it too tightly, my wrist feels a lot better since I have had my tablet and you can still chop and change between mouse and tablet - All work on Photoshop though is with my tablet I read somewhere once that doing something intiricate in photoshop with a mouse is like writing your name with a bar of soap! To me never a truer word has been spoken! - tbh I don't know how I have done without one for this long now!

Yep Just bought 1 for £179 just under $300 dollars got home to find it had already been used and returned to store as faulty and should not have been sold it was cracked underneath the store offered to give me a voucher as no more were in stock after an argument it had been reduced but so had all wacom products I made it clear to them in no way was it made clear to me that I was buying a broken item so after arguing with manager etc telling them how they had broken the law a staff member who had sold it to me to try and confirm he had told me said he was not aware so they had finally settled to give me a full refund lucky me ( sarcasm) out of 6 major computer shops that was the only store that had them in my area so guess I am ordering it online

Wow that's rough they did that, I'd buy one online personally. You can find the best prices there usually. I just have a $100 Wacom Bamboo tablet it gets the job done for all that I do.

well i wanted to see the work area of them they just dont sound that big I know you hardly move a mouse all i need is pressure sensetivity and the ability to zoom in directly using the tablet somehow I dont think i need anything fancy dont think i will ever use my finger to have the touch ability seems a waste so yeah guess the bamboo small will do me

Yeah that's all I have, if you'd like I can post a picture of the tablet next to my computer and mouse so you can see the tablet's size

its ok I have seen it thanks anyway i held a cracked 1 the boxes do not advertise the zooming ability on the chaper models but i would assume they all have that function dont need hot keys all though would be nice to set up 3 buttons that will automatically select for example brush clone and eraser for example

I bought the wacom bamboo a couple of weeks back. SO glad I did, especially when you need accurate strokes with a brush or the eraser tool etc, so much quicker and esier. I don't know how I managed before with the mouse. though you can instantly shift to using the mouse again when convenient.

Back