What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a wait time for new members?

harleynut97

Hi, I just joined because I was seeking some help with an image. I put a detailed request, uploaded the image (which it did show) and submitted the post. But it is not showing up yet. Is there a wait time for new members to be able to post an image? Or maybe needs moderator approval first?

Hi @harleynut97
I don't recall that there is a waiting period. Hopefully you will get a response from an moderator/administrator on specifics.
Did you check you PS Gurus messages for a notification from a moderator/administrator?
Each forum has the guidelines for posting in such forum under the "sticky notes" section at the top of all of the posts. Be sure to read those guidelines and follow them as that is a common way posts are taken down when those rules are not followed. Being posted in the wrong Forum is also a way where it may be taken down (or more often move to the correct Forum)
In which forum did you post. If you are asking for advice on how to proceed on an image (as opposed to someone doing the work for you) it should be posted in the General Photoshop Forum.
If you want someone to modify your image for you for free, it should be posted in the Free Photoshop Request Forum. If is a very hard correction and you have no takers in the Free Photoshop Request Forum, you can used the Paid Photoshop Requests if you are willing to pay for those services.

It could also be pilot error on your part where the post did not actual get posted.
Just some suggestions
John Wheeler

@thebestcpu Thanks for getting back to me John. I did read the sticky notes prior to posting. I should have noted that I posted in the free photoshop request forum. I have not received any messages from moderators.

It is a photo of a gravestone that is really old (the gravestone,not the photo) and I can't read the text. I do genealogy research, and the many names and dates on the gravestone would really help me out if I could read it. I use a pretty old version of photoshop (CS6) and played around with blend modes, but just could not get it readable. I'm not looking for the image to be restored, only to be able to read the text by any means possible.
Thanks for following up on my question - Carl

Back