What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this place a joke?

lauren_farley79

Posted twice and both times it was deleted. Is this place a joke or what? What exactly do you need in order to be able to post a bloody pic for editing?!!? A kidney?!??!?!?!?!?!

Hello.

This place is not a joke and no kidney is required to post. However, we do have rules for posting and it may be the reason why you're having problems. You were informed of rule violations when the threads were removed. Take the time to read the rules of the entire forum as well as those of the sub forums.

Based on what I see, you created a free request thread without images that was removed. Check the rules to see about that one.
I see another removed free request thread with linked images asking for more than the allowed edits per request. There may be something in the rules about this as well.

Please take the time to read the rules...................please.

Hello.

This place is not a joke and no kidney is required to post. However, we do have rules for posting and it may be the reason why you're having problems. You were informed of rule violations when the threads were removed. Take the time to read the rules of the entire forum as well as those of the sub forums.

Based on what I see, you created a free request thread without images that was removed. Check the rules to see about that one.
I see another removed free request thread with linked images asking for more than the allowed edits per request. There may be something in the rules about this as well.

Please take the time to read the rules...................please.

So asking to remove the motion blur is “more than allowed”. Something that a program does with one click.Yeah def a joke

how can I pay someone to do the work if I don’t even know how they work??!!? The fact that your site is called “Photoshop Guru” doesn’t mean that all people know Photoshop that well and editing just one image doesn’t tell much in my opinion. I don’t wanna pay for some “wanna be” Photoshop “Guru”‘unless I know they are experts in what they do. Clearly you don’t bloody know jack on how to handle this forum

Last edited:
how can I pay someone to do the work if I don’t even know how they work??!!? The fact that your site is called “Photoshop Guru” doesn’t mean that all people know Photoshop that well and editing just one image doesn’t tell much in my opinion. I don’t wanna pay for some “wanna be” Photoshop “Guru”‘unless I know they are experts in what they do.
Just have a look at the payment section...

Then you'll find that when you make a request, you get watermarked previews that you can use to decide what you like best.

So where do you see a risk?
Those who create previews have the most risk, because only 1 user is paid at the end (in rare cases several)

The rest wasted their time in vain. Personally, I have found that it is often not the best result that counts, but the fastest...

Just have a look at the payment section...

Then you'll find that when you make a request, you get watermarked previews that you can use to decide what you like best.

So where do you see a risk?
Those who create previews have the most risk, because only 1 user is paid at the end (in rare cases several)

The rest wasted their time in vain. Personally, I have found that it is often not the best result that counts, but the fastest...
In any case you should NOT promote that this site has the possibility of doing free editing when it doesn’t. Seems like a scam to me. You post the request and then the admin deletes it with a excuse so that you’re forced to pay. A scam. Period. Please delete my account or kick me out. I’m gladly leaving than supply more money to a scam

This site has the possibility of doing free editing ... but you have to follow the rules as IamSam explained already.

So asking to remove the motion blur is “more than allowed”. Something that a program does with one click.Yeah def a joke
No..........asking for more than one edit per request is not allowed. In the FREE edit forum, images are to be uploaded directly to the thread, you posted links. Had you posted the image and had you you only asked for one edit per FREE request, it would have been allowed. No joke. This was simply a matter of you not having read the forum rules for the free section.
Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 8.01.07 AM.png

You yourself have caused the situation you find yourself in, not the forum, and not myself.

how can I pay someone to do the work if I don’t even know how they work??!!?
What has this got to do with the situation? No one here is asking you to pay for edits! You have reached this conclusion in absolute error. You can ask for and receive free edits as long as your request is done properly.

I don’t wanna pay for some “wanna be” Photoshop “Guru”‘unless I know they are experts in what they do.
Again, no one is asking you to pay for anything. This is something you have manifested for yourself.

Clearly you don’t bloody know jack on how to handle this forum
Clearly you have not taken the time to read the forum rules. This has nothing to do with how the forum is handled. It has more to do with how you have handled the forum.

In any case you should NOT promote that this site has the possibility of doing free editing when it doesn’t.
Again, another unfounded conclusion. Maybe you have not visited the free edit forum and seen the thousands of free edits that have been done in our forum. This FREE EDIT was done just yesterday! Note that only one image was posted (not linked) per the rules.

You post the request and then the admin deletes it with a excuse so that you’re forced to pay.
Nope. This situation is a YOU problem and not the forums.The admin only deletes requests that are not posted properly. You are now and will always be welcome to correctly, per forum rules, post your free edits all day long.

A scam. Period.
Nope. Just you not following the forums rules.

Please delete my account or kick me out.
Nope, other than jumping to incorrect conclusions and not posting per forum rules, you have done nothing wrong. Also you again have not taken the time to read our policies HERE.

However, you can be banned if you continue to be rude and disrespectful.

I’m gladly leaving than supply more money to a scam
Not a scam. If you would simply calm down, read, and not jump to unwarranted conclusions, you would see that you are in error regarding this entire situation.

@lauren_farley79 - these are all good people here including the ones who post. The creatives that jump in to help range from students to professionals - all providing excellent work to all who ask. But as Sam said, we all have to follow the rules or it all breaks down into chaos. Even the creatives sometimes have their work pulled because a rule wasn't followed. We need structure here and it does work.

All you have to do is post each image separately - ie Deblur and Denoise #1, Deblur Denoise #2, etc. I've even worked on one for you and I happen to think it came out awesome. But I'll only release it if you post separately. Worked quite a bit on it with several buttons and levers pushed and pulled.

Please do post your request according to the structure here. You'd be surprised at how many excellent responses you'll get.

No joke. :cheesygrin:

I for one find this place good help. as an old retired photographer, taught 'orange peel' photo negative retouching in 1970. and into photoshop since it first came out, I still do not claim to be a photoshop expert, and they keep on adding new features to that etc. and anything else to do on my 24" iMac is way out of my depth... and now possible starting to get alzheimers, I often get lost and need assistance.. and this forum, and uTube videos are the greatest help... I may post trivial questions to some... but important to me at the time. so a great thank you to those that have helped and given their time FREELY... best wishes to all. Sandy (as a hobby, I actually collect old photographic, pre digital retouching items.)

Giant Camera.jpg

Back