What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Isolate subjects please?

StatChris

Can someone please remove the background in this image, leaving only the girl and the horse on transparent. All that hair/mane is way beyond my abilities!

Thanks, Chris.

Attachments

• bus card pic 001_cr.jpg
    bus card pic 001_cr.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 8

polarwoc

Guru
I tried but could not get a satisfactory result. Those attempting and successful, if you please mention how you did it it would be very helpful. Thanks.

Rich54

Guru
I'm not particularly skilled at these kinds of selections, but here's my attempt. It's a PNG file that looks like it's on a white background, but it's actually a transparent background.

The left half of the image was a fairly standard layer mask. The hard part was the hair under the horse's neck. I used a combination of Refine Edge, Blend-If, Clone Stamp, and manually drawing light wisps of hair. The quality of the selection is passable if the image will be applied against a light background or a complicated background scene. If the image will be placed on a solid, dark background, then the flaws in the selection will be more obvious.

bus card pic.png