What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with action

Hammernuts

Hello friends, I am having an issue with a purchased action and I'm wondering if anyone can give some insight. The action requires you to paint, on a new layer above the background, what you want in focus. I attempted to kill 2 birds with one stone by creating a layer mask to isolate the subject. My intent was to apply the action and change the background. I created the mask then filled the area of the mask that represented the subject with color. I then applied the layer mask and had a colored layer exactly the same size of the subject. However, when I applied the action as instructed, the resulting image was unusable. The subject was completely washed out by color (it was a fire action) and the detail was lost in the flames and sparks. When I brushed the new layer with the brush tool, it worked fine. Can anyone give me some info onto why this is happening? I'm wondering if there is a workaround.

Thanks,
Dan.

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Dan
I suggest you either show a screen shot of the Action or even better save it as an ATN file and share it on an additional post. Much faster way to have forum members help you debug the problem.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler