What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its been awhile but still playing

I really love the first image. The light coming through the trees looks great. In the second image it feels like the model is too brightly lit in comparison with the environment. The composition of the image is great though!

What I've done below is by no means how you should do this photo, I'm just demonstrating how it looks with the environment having more light and the model having slightly less.

3_Ladies-1.jpg

I like both images Jean...but on the first image you need to work some more on the areas circled in white.

waiting for romance s.jpg

I like these. Some small critique.

In the first, I think the model is a bit overpowering and her foot comes within a small toe's width of the edge. Perhaps if she were a bit smaller there would be more clearance and she would fit into the scene better. The landscape is large and should be seen to embrace her more - IMO. The sunrays seem too small juxtaposed to her body.

In the second, I personally think the 3rd, background repetition is unnecessary. I don't understand her purpose, unless it is to have a grouping of three. If that is the case, I think something else could be substituted. Like a dead tree or something of a surreal landscape idea. Again, I am bothered by the lack of space above the model's head. Maybe if she were brought down more or made a touch smaller it would make the composition more pleasing.

Of course, that is just my humble opinion. Art is in the eye of the artist. Or is that beholder? Whichever. :devilish:

Overall, I like them, the ideas and your creativity. It's good to see you posting in the forum again! Now that you're here, I can say that I have missed seeing your work.

PS: I like your end result better than the tutorial creator's!

Gedstar thank you so much for posting this link! I lost it accidentally the other day. I hate when that happens. Jean

Ibclare I see what you mean on the second one. I am going to play more with it. That one was not meant to be anything I was just learning my new tablet, Intros4 wireless graigslist $100, but I did like the way my shadows turned out. So I posted it here.
I so like this forum for all the honest replys I get. Also if I have a question all I have to is a search and I will find a answer. Thank you so much! Jean

I agree on the shadows. I remember how hard you worked on them. I noticed that too. I should have said so, but I will now. Bravo!

Enjoy your tablet. Even though you bought it on graigslist. Myself, I usually look on craigslist. :rofl:

Back