What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jagged Fonts

lindaw

Power User
I am trying to create a logo and all I have is Photoshop 6.01..grrr. Anyway when I create the type on a transp. background the fonts are jagged. I tried contract/feather, guass blur and rasterize, didn't work. Is there something I have forgotten in my long break from Pshop that I need to do so the font is not so ugly?

Thanks! [confused]

well when you print it its gonna be ugly no matter what... get a vector based program like Illustrator for text.

In fact get a vector based program for logos and text... what happens down the line when you need to use this logo for the side of a van or something you'll make it huge and it will be pixelated as hell...

lindaw,

You might want to look at your resolution. You are probably at 72. Bump it up to 300 and see if things get better.

Lee

well when you print it its gonna be ugly no matter what... get a vector based program like Illustrator for text.

In fact get a vector based program for logos and text... what happens down the line when you need to use this logo for the side of a van or something you'll make it huge and it will be pixelated as hell...

Linda, did you try the anti alias settings? If AA is off, you get jaggies...

Steve is right though: whenever you will have to make it larger, it'll become pixelated, so a vector app is indeed the best solution here.
Yet you can print text from PF without any jaggies if you just anti alias it.

Thanks for the info! My resolution is at 72 and I do have anti alias on. I tried crisp and smooth. I am sure the resolution is the problem..duh! Told you I have been away too long! The logo isn't going to be printed. It will be used on a website only. I will try moving it up to 300 and I am sure that will help!!

Thanks again!!!! :perfect:

The resolution change did it! Xara is on my list of things to buy...will be the next app I get but gotta save the $$$$ first [confused] Thanks again for the wonderful help!!! :perfect:

Back