What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jpeg loading problem

Phil.c

Hi All,
I've just downloaded the latest PS everything is ok except that I can only open PS pictures from My Pictures" etc, nothing happens when I click on a jpeg version, the right click "Open with" doesn't give me the option of opening with PS.

I can open a jpeg picture from the PS menu.

I have also noticed that in "Default" programs, PS isn't there to pick?

Any help would be appreciated,

(WINDOWS 10)

Phil

Thanks for the reply but when I type into registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\Photoshop.exe\shell\open\command it's not recognosed I get the messge "Windows cannot find".

Phil

For some strange reason, it now works as it should???
I know this might sound trivial compared to the real registry issues - but did you shut down and restart your computer? Is that when the problem went away?
Just curious....
- Jeff

That's probably what happened, but working on PS now, there are a few strange things happening, like when I print something, it only prints half the image, the bottom half, so I think it's still the case of un-installing and re-installing.

Phil

Back