What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jpg2png action

crutledge

I've been working on a jpg2png converter. I used the following method found on the web.

Here are some simple steps to automate converting an image from one format to another.

1.Open the first image you want to convert.

2.In Photoshop go to ‘Window’=>’Actions’.

3.Click on the ‘Create new action’ button and give it a meaningful name, something like jpg2png will suffice. Create new action

4.Save the image you opened manually.

5.Once done, click on the stop button. Stop action

6.Go to ‘File’=>’Automate’=>’Batch’.

7.Under the ‘Actions’ drop down select the one you just created and click ‘Go’.

The problem is that the action records the folder name for the opem and for the save. See the attached image.

The action works fine on the original folder but when I go the Automate => Batch and select a new folder and then run the action, it appears to be working but no png is created.

Maybe the problem is because you have to use the same folder named in the Action and not a different one ?

Try loading the original folder with a fresh batch of images and run the action.

Haven't noticed but probably only used the action on present folder items. Maybe sticking docs for the change all in one folder (like folder_jpg2png) regardless of kind would allow you to use the action. Then you can sort them out into separate folders after the fact.

maybe it saves all the png's in the Original folder
did you choose a destiation folder ?

Investigating further: If there are multiple commands e.g. Load- Save or Canvas- Canvas, only the first command runs.

Being the "Genius" that I am I found the solution. In the Batch Window there is a selection to Override the save as command. Wwworks great now. Thanks for all the coments and help.

Back