What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just need a little help with cutting a character out of the frame :)

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
awwww, don't be so picky. He did say" I appreciate it" I'll chop it out for him.

Here ya go cero..a real quick one.
WoWScrnShot_061213_142028.png

Last edited:

bgoodman4

Given the poor quality of the original image I think this is not bad. I hope you like it.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member

bgoodman4

Yeah, I think it was a screen grab. I got involved in another project and didn't devote much time to it. Ya did good!
Thank you, I felt I could do better though so I took another crack at it. I am happier with this version. The first one was over sharpened in an attempt to enhance the detail lost due to the low quality of the OPs image. I did no sharpening in this 2nd attempt.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
See if you like the attached version. Since it was only a little, no-cost demo / exercise, I didn't take particular care with the edges, but it should give you the general idea.

Note: I intentionally did a very accurate, sharp edged extraction. It's pretty easy to add steam or chemicals coming off the guy to get a slightly different look.

Cheers,

Tom M

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_061213_142028-acr-ps02a-02_watermarked.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_061213_142028-acr-ps02a-02_watermarked.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 36

bgoodman4

WOW, how did you guys get such a sharp image? Mine is quite soft. Very nicely done.

Did you right click the original and open in another tab, then click on it again to see it in it's actual size before saving it?

bgoodman4

Did you right click the original and open in another tab, then click on it again to see it in it's actual size before saving it?
No, I just right clicked the image in the post, hit copy, and pasted it into PS

Edit: just tried it and am shocked at the difference. All I did on this one was adjust the brightness. Huge difference. Learn something new every day. This will make things easier going forward with these projects. Would the same be true of images found in a google search? I have been clicking on the image in the search results and then right clicking and copying the larger image. Would actually going to the page and saving the largest image possible give better results? I thought all that was happening was the image was being zoomed in to. Did not think it would make any difference if I saved one or the other.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited: