What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just started playing with Procreate

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredfish

Guru
Here is a photo conversion. Just (today) started playing with procreate.

Genuinely interested in comments. (and before anybody asks - yes that is me!!)

Untitled_Artwork (1).png

Cheers

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
John, I like it! The subject of the painting looks a bit suspicious to me though!

The big question is, how does Procreate compare to Ps? Was this the iPad version?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
First let me congratulate you stepping of the beaten path! I have zero drawing skills so...
I looked at Procreate and if I understand correctly it is pure drawing.
The strokes are rough but the lighting and shadows are correct.
Just like in any kind of painting there are many styles and I actually like this one.

(BTW is this a webcam capture?)

Lambert

fredfish

Guru
John, I like it! The subject of the painting looks a bit suspicious to me though!

The big question is, how does Procreate compare to Ps? Was this the iPad version?

For my sins I have just bought an iPad pro 12.9" and my first purchase was Procreate. So yes it is the iPad version.

To answer Lamberts question in the same post - it wasn't quite a webcam capture but it was an accidental camera capture from the iPad.

The whole process is using the smudge tool with an oil painting brush on Procreate and took no more than a couple of hours on the iPad using my finger as the brush. Remember it is less than 24 hrs since getting the iPad pro! Already I am excited by the opportunities!

CHeers

John

fredfish

Guru
If you are interested in looking - this .psd has both the before and after!

Fred Fish

Cheers

John

Well, your painted selfie made me smile. Thanks for showing it.
Very good work John, if I compare with the original your painting looks exactly like you!

Status
Not open for further replies.