What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator "Kaleshe The Super Saiyan" that I'm working on atm.

Kaleshe

I'd like some tips on quick ways to colour it in and stuff because I'm trying to shade it but like instead of it being straight forward I have to make shapes and shape them to fit where I want em if you get what i mean.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

mattattack347

Power User
I suggest using the colors from the actual back-ground as the background but less detailed along with the girl.
Also use the light points on the actual photo to go ahead and recreate them as glare in the picture.
But, as for the shapes I am not so sure what you mean.

Kaleshe

The colours are off on the pic cos it was from a video though.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Do I understand that you are to make random shapes then find a place for them? If that is the case, I think this picture area is too small to accommodate much creativity. But I am not exactly sure what your question means either.

Kaleshe

I mean that I have to make the shading out of pen tool instead of just using a brush because then it will go over lines.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Do you mean shade/highlight the hair or are you talking about the blurry grey area around hair and head?

If the hair shape is on a separate layer, you can control click the thumbnail and invert the selection (ctl/cmd + shift + i). Then you can paint even across the selection line, but you won't be laying down any color outside your selection. You can only paint within the selected area, which is everything but the hair. Or if it is within the hair shape that you want to paint, just select it; same principle applies.

Of course, if it isn't on a separate layer, you maybe indeed need to create the selection and to maintain the crisp edge, yeah pen tool is best. With a shape so simple and contrasty, you could use other selection techniques as long as you zoom really close and check your edges.

IDK if this helped. If not, try explaining to thick-headed me again. Or maybe someone else will recognize what you need. :mrgreen:

Last edited: