What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard Shortcuts

Larry

Okay all Gurus, anyone know if you can create your own keyboard shortcuts in PS, and if so, how?

Larry

not sure...

Gauss, what about the Actions? you can create shortcuts to rotate your image, for instance...
as it is done here : http://user.fundy.net/morris/photoshop2.shtml
the steps that you have to do are described here : (look at the third image) http://user.fundy.net/morris/photoshop21.shtml

But if the qestion was "how to change existing shortcuts" then, I agree, oh venerable Gaussssssian (as for Google ;) ) (now it reminds me how Prechiussssss you are -too much LOTR this week-end, sorry)

You may not need to create your own. My understanding is that there are several hundred undocumented keyboard shortcuts in Photoshop. I would really try posting this on the appropriate Adobe forum.

This is an appropriate forum, and the shortcuts are not undocumented because most people know of their existence and have the whole bunch printed out.

Even then it would be handy to be able to chose yourself. Some are very complicated for what one needs to do whilst some things one does not use have easy shortcuts. And there are always things that still have no shortcut.
Pierre's method is a very good one.

Yes, you're right, it would be nice to be able to "shorten" the process for some of the shortcuts. I wonder if Adobe will ever give us that ability....might be too "minor" an issue for them.

Larry

Re: not sure...

sPECtre said:
Gauss, what about the Actions?
That why I was careful by saying "not that I know of" :D

Yes, good one Pierre, forgot all about assigning keys to actions ;)

For example: I often use the Alt key.
Alt+F opens the file menu, +E the Edit menu and so on.

If you click Alt+the first letter of the menu, you will see the appropriate letters underlined.

Alt+twiceI opens the Image Size dialog
Alt+I then P crops to the selection you've made.
Alt+I then M then L converts to LAB etc...

With Pierre's method, I could make an action and assign, for example Shift+$ instead of having four keys to remember. And press.

Back